Monday, July 27, 2009

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!!

I received my staging information today. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. My Peace Corps application process has been lengthy, to say the least, and so many times I feared that I wouldn't have the opportunity to serve. But this makes it real, SO VERY REAL!! My ticket has been confirmed. I will be leaving for Miami on Sunday the 23rd. I believe I spend 2-3 days at Orientation with the other EC PCV (Eastern Caribbean Peace Corps Volunteers), then off to St. Lucia for training, and then eventually to my assignment on St.Kitts & Nevis!!
In all honesty, I cried today when I received my email. I feel so blessed and so thankful to have this opportunity, God has truly answered my prayers. Not everyone has the blessing & good fortune to fulfill a life long dream. I am also thankful for all the friends and family members who have been supportive of my dream, and wouldn't allow me to doubt myself (especially you, Jaime Lyn!).
This is an amazing day. I think it's time to pop that bottle of chateauneuf du pape I have been saving!

1 comment:

Jaime Lyn Quinto said...

I am so proud of you. I am crying! I always knew it was going to happen for you.

Its time to get tattoos! Yay! we will talk more about that.

I will really be looking forward to your blogs once you are gone. this is a whole new experience, something you EARNED. Remeber that so you are sure to make the most of it. And post pictures all the time of cool stuff you see.

I am so happy and sad at the same time. But definately more happy then sad! I will be there to visit on the 23rd. but maybe the night of 21 so we can go out dancing or something, then bbq the next night, I will go home after I see you off. That feels doable. but we will talk more.

Oh this is great, I am so excited.

I love you and am so proud!