Monday, December 7, 2009

Home sweet home

Friends and family back home have been asking about my home here on the islands. It is actually a very comfortable, fully furnished, apartment. This is the first time that I have lived without any roommates or family. At first it was strange, I have never liked falling asleep in an empty house. The first couple of weeks, I really missed having roommates. In Claremont, someone was ALWAYS home. Which meant there was always someone to talk to, hang out with, grab a drink with, but also a lot of commotion and distractions. Even though I still miss the friends I was living with, I now really enjoy having a place to myself. It's easy to keep clean, I wake up whenever I want and it's nice and quiet through breakfast, I wear whatever I want (or don't wear whatever I want) around the house. It's very peaceful and I like my place a lot. The bonus is that I have an extra bedroom for visitors!













1 comment:

BarbaraNK said...

Hi Tiff!!!
Hey what a great blog and how clever you are to set it up. Thanks so very much for getting us on FB, we have friends we haven't heard from for 40 years contact us! What fun. Your new home looks great, are you close to the water and do you have screens? How goes the project, sure miss all of you EC80 friends. Cheers