Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stevie Wonder plane

I heard Stevie Wonder in the airport this morning, and of course it
reminded me home. It made me feel all warm and excited. We leave for
the island of St.Lucia this morning and even though they have us at
the airport at an unGodly hour of the morning, I am ecstatic to be
here. I still can't believe my good fortune. Sure I'm nervous and
anxious, but mostly just in awe of this whole experience. I've had a
chance to get to know a little bit more about my fellow trainees and
talking with them about this process has made me feel alot better
about my application experience. I waited over a year and half before
getting my invitation and asignment. These past 18 months have beena
big question mark for me, and that has been really stressful. I felt
like I couldn't move forward with life and didn't know what I was
doing with myself. At times, in fact most of the time, I really
doubted myself. I feared that the reason my application was taking so
long was ME. As it turns out, it was really the Peace Corps, all of
the other trainees seemed to have A very similar experience. Knowing
this gives me an extra boost of confidence. So now I'm just waiting to
finally board this plane and get to the islands!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Jaime Lyn Quinto said...

YOUR BLOG IS NOW MY HOME PAGE, YOU BEAT OUT GOOGLE. LOL. i JUST DONT WANT TO MISS A THING. i AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. i LOVE THE BLOG TOO. I LOVE KNOWING WHATS GOING ON. i AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING MORE CONFIDENT. THATS THE TIFFANY ROSE i KNOW!! I LOVE YOU AND JUST CANT GET OVER THIS WHOLE THING. IT IS SO SO SO COOL.